Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ricky's Idea?

Sorry for the late post, but I've been slowly polishing up my story while it was still fresh in my head, so I am just going to let it pour out.

Our themes are Surreal, Sci-fi, and Tadahiro Uesugi

I envisioned our song like a "game", kinda set in the mood similarly to Alice Returns, those dark kinda moody ones.

It's also like a hack-and-slash, so our main character, our niece/nephew goes through stages, fights minions, and the characters described in the song such as the Uncles are bosses.

Basically the niece/nephew wants to know what happened to his parents, but his relatives won't tell him, so he has to "boss battle" them first to get the pieces of info from each relative and then piece them together to figure out what happened to his/her parents.

For our characters, we can use sci-fi inspired fusions, for example, I am concepting my character, Mr. Weiss(the butcher) as a general stereotypical "plump but sturdy" butcher, with a cyborg right arm (Treasure Planet inspired).

Then I needed to incorporate the surrealism, so I tried squeezing that into the slaughterhouse alongside with the sci-fi theme, ex: surreal creatures from the meet freezer, etc.

Lastly, I kinda thought for the tadahiro thingy majiggy, we can use the color schemes, which would basically harmonize the entire story's theme, so all 3 themes can be smoothly incorporated together synonomously.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Ricky, can you post who has what characters/enviorments please, or are we still deciding? Anyways, awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete